Re: [PipingDesign] Plate Material

From: <Christopher>
Date: Wed Nov 14 2001 - 14:27:00 EST

>I am looking for AMSE grade material for use at -40 deg.
>Kindly suggest me materials that could be used.
>CS / SS would both do for the service I have.
Check Fig UCS-66 for specific materials and thickness for carbon and low alloy steel. Normalized SA-516 gr 70 produced to fine grain practice and SA-537 are both usable in thicknesses up to 3/8 inch without impact testing. Austenitic stainless can generally be used at this temperature without restriction.

chrisw@skypoint.com        | this distance"   (last words of Gen.
http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw Received on Wed Nov 14 14:27:00 2001