Re: [PipingDesign] Re: incoloy material standard

From: <Christopher>
Date: Sun Jul 21 2002 - 22:52:00 EDT

>i dont think so. one has just to read the development of the incoloy
>family of alloys and the acceptance of the ASME and ASTM of this
>excellent alloy to prove my point.

You should have tuned in earlier--we already knew that. I cited the ASME/ASTM specs which specs cover 3 grades of Incoloy. The issue to be sure and specify the grade.

>i have purchase a number of exotic metal that does not even have an
>equivalent astm/asme designation and used it succesfully.
Not as as part of the pressure boundary with the ASME piping or pressure vessel codes.

chrisw@skypoint.com        | this distance"   (last words of Gen.
http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw Received on Sun Jul 21 22:52:00 2002