Re: [PipingDesign] some piping guideline

From: <mapte@technip-coflexip.com>
Date: Fri Jul 26 2002 - 05:25:00 EDT

Here what is required is optimisation.
It does not come in black or white. I think it's a grey area where the definitions are relative.
The piping has to be flexible enough to avoid over stressing the nozzles and at the same time as short as possible and with some straight length ( How much straight length is again a matter of difference of opinions) before the nozzle( For suction ).

This message comes from Mandar's desk.
Have a nice day.
-Mandar.

                     "andoks_lichon"
                     <andoks_lichon@yah        To:
PipingDesign@yahoogroups.com
                     oo.com.au>                cc:
                                               Subject:     [PipingDesign] some
piping
                     26-07-02 11:15 AM         guideline
                     Please respond to
                     PipingDesign

Come across in one of the piping layout design guideline.

"Design of piping on pumps should include large loops for flexibility and thermal expansion. Avoid overstressing pump nozzles when making pipe connections."

is this a good desing guideline? doesnt look ok with me.