Re: [PipingDesign] Digest Number 650

From: <Paul>
Date: Sun Sep 22 2002 - 15:04:00 EDT

I didn't want to say anything in front of everyone else so as to not point fingers, but yes, it is all your fault Barbara. Insert laughter here.

Eventually we'll get a real listserver set up as well as a web message board that can notify members via email of replies to their posts. For those interested, see http://www.phpbb.com/features.php. I wouldn't want to replace this mailing list-based discussion forum since it's pretty fast (as compared to web-based forums), but web forums have a lot of advantages. What would be best is a system that would automatically cross-post from one system to the other. People with slower internet connections shouldn't be left out of discussions. I dunno if this is technologically possible at this time, I suspect that some development work will have to be done (translation=spend money).

Paul