PWHT REQUIREMENT FOR DISSIMILAR THICKNESS WELD

From: <Patil>
Date: Mon Jan 20 2003 - 05:28:00 EST

Dear Friends,

  In one of our projects,we want to weld a 24" buttweld valve pup piece with a 24" pipe.The thickness of pup piece is 14.3mm and the thickness of the pipe is 21.45 mm.We want to avoid PWHT to avoid distortion of valve seats. The welding electrode we are using is E 6010 for root welding. Applicable code for piping is B31.3
Can anybody suggest any clause in the code to avoid PWHT. or any other possibility (like by using different electrode) to avoid this. Views are expected on the subject matter.

Regards
Pravin Received on Mon Jan 20 05:28:00 2003