Re: [PipingDesign] Re: Flat Face to Raised Face Flange Connection

From: <Paul>
Date: Sun Feb 16 2003 - 21:55:00 EST

Are there any grooves on the flat-face flange? Proper gasket sealing can be an issue for some fluids/pressures.

How typical are cast iron pumps these days? One rule of thumb used to be to grind off that raised face and use a full face gasket (or I suppose, use a ring spacer) so as to not accidentally crack the relatively brittle pump casing during field boltup.

Paul