RE: [PipingDesign] Shoes for Plastic Pipe

From: <Steve>
Date: Wed Jun 18 2003 - 17:45:00 EDT

Hi Thomas

Is your question one of aesthetics; it looks better if the pipes are all at the same height. If so then you need only to make 3.5" or 4" packers from channel or angle and fasten the pipe as you originally planned. If the 3.5" shoes on the steel pipe are for insulation standoff, then the pipes will look OK without packers as the bottom of the PVC pipe will be about the same level as the insulation cladding.
For long runs of plastic pipe I normally place it on heavy duty gal steel cable ladder. It can span 20' but provides almost continuous support to the plastic.

Cheers

Steve McKenzie