Engineering Search Tool Customization

From: <Paul>
Date: Wed Jun 25 2003 - 00:25:00 EDT

See http://www.hotbot.com/tools/

The above is a Windows-based search tool that was developed as an open source project some time ago, and Hotbot has adopted it (likely as a "value-added" feature to compete with the Google onslaught, Google Toolbar included). See www.dqsd.net for the history of the project.

I have been using it for quite a few months and have created some customized searches for specific sites. If you typically search the same sites again and again, I can likely create a modification to the base code that you will be able to use. If the above sounds confusing, read www.dqsd.net.

Just let me know which sites you often search and I'll see if I can include them. I'm not asking for any remuneration of course, it would just be a service that I could provide to the listmembers and visitors to the site.

Basic Theory:

More Services --> More Visitors.

More Visitors --> Increased potential advertiser/sponsor interest.

More advertisers/sponsors' interest --> Actual Revenue.

Actual Revenue --> Pay Rent

Paul Received on Wed Jun 25 00:25:00 2003