Fire Case

From: <Sajit>
Date: Wed Sep 10 2003 - 19:54:00 EDT

Dear Rajesh,

Can you in consultation with your process dept. describe the "Fire case". so that the group understand better.

As said by Tushar, Is the piping system required to be operational during this case. If yes, then I think you should design it for the temperature. Even if you consider this to be an occasional load case. It is only the piping allowable stress that has an increment. I do not know whether the loads that is to be used for the civil design is in any way less on the same lines.

It would have been more appropriate to have instrumentation in place that will cause a local shut down of the system instead, had it not been the flare header.

Sajit

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed] Received on Wed Sep 10 19:54:00 2003