RE: [PipingDesign] thermal movement calculation

From: <Teli>
Date: Sat Sep 20 2003 - 04:11:00 EDT

Tower is subjected to differential temperature zones.These various temperature zones are called Temperature transition zones. Now for Pack tower, the individual Bed temperature (in & out) are given along with Vapor-liquid loading which is given in the Process data sheet. Similar data for tray tower can be obtain from the Process data sheet.

The Process licenser is owner & hence responsible for this data. Loading accurate temperatures as per Temp Trans zone will give the accurate stress analysis result. However Average temperature of Tower outlet (mainly vapor outlet) & bottom outlet gives fairly good results in Caesar.

Any body throw some more light.

Thanks,
Shashi Teli.