RE: [Man.Distr]Re: [PipingDesign] Swing Check Valve

From: <Steve>
Date: Wed Jan 07 2004 - 05:18:00 EST

Hi Sajit

I have never seen a swing check that permits "in service swing replacement", and I doubt if there is any such thing as it would need two additional sealing arrangements (valves) plus body drain. Perhaps the spec writer means "in-line disc and body seat replacement"; i.e. it is not necessary to remove the valve from the pipeline in order to replace the sealing/wearing components. Also I am not aware of any part of a swing check valve called a swing. You may wish to query this with the spec writer.

A note of caution; most swing checks have a hinge pin that is removed from the side of the body. Side clearance is required to remove the spindle, otherwise the body may need to be removed from the pipeline.

Cheers

Steve McKenzie