Re: [PipingDesign] Horizontal Dummy Leg Question

From: <harish>
Date: Fri Apr 16 2004 - 07:00:00 EDT

Dear,
I don't think by visualy seeing we can say the "I don't think the stresses generated are likely to be greater than those on a dummy leg welded to a 90 degree elbow"
Since stresses developed at a point in geometry not only depends upon the bending leg ( but more on the Stress Intensification Factor And Stress Concentration Factor) Since u'r bend is having 45 Deg turn its ovalization will govern its flexibility, Pressure stiffening ( rigidity ), and the Stress concentration due to change in geometry at the intersection point and lot more weld thickness and change in the homoginity of material due to welding , Residual stress.

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Tax Center - File online by April 15th http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html Received on Fri Apr 16 07:00:00 2004