RE: [PipingDesign] Pumping Bingham Plastics

From: <Al>
Date: Thu Oct 07 2004 - 14:08:00 EDT

steve
i looked up "baby poo" in my substantial references and came up short.

However values for anything similar from your refs should be close. Its an approx science.
do you have the chart to convert fric loss for diff densities to adjust the water values.
theres one in crane.et.al.
nayyar says bingham plastics fric factor (lam flow) is f/16= 1/Re + He/6Re^2 - He^4/3f^3 Re^8

he = Hedstrom # = D^2.rho.Tor / Viscosity. g

(apparently the formula works for SI & IMP)without mod. Tor= the yield stress lbf/ft^2 or (Pa) which you have g = gravity =32 lbmft/lbs^2 (imp) & =1 for SI Rho=density

Al