Re: [PipingDesign] Re: Commissioning of aircraft petrol filling station

From: <cckla>
Date: Tue Oct 12 2004 - 00:05:00 EDT

Dear Mr George McKinney,

We are going to test for its operation, icluding pump, piping and tank. At the same time, we also do for leak test. I understand that we can dry the piping by purging the piping with nitrogen gas. But, could we do the same when the pump is connected to the piping ? I afraid it will damage the internal parts of the pump. By using water as a test medium, we are hoping that the whole system can be totally dried without leaving any problems to the system in the future.

Please guide me.

Thank you.

Regards,
cckla

> Just what kind of test pressure/conditions are you looking at? Is this a
leak test, or for actually qualifying a maximum pressure/design pressure? And concern for the pumps - why not take them out of the system/blind off - I would assume they are pre-tested by the manufacturer?

> George McKinney

Service.