Rack width Calculations

From: <Mital>
Date: Wed Oct 13 2004 - 02:16:00 EDT

buenos días! Señors,

Need your kind assistance in Rack Width Calculations. Actually...I found this formula in a study material.

================================================================================\

W=(f*n*s)+A+B

W= rack width
f= safety factor (f=1.5 if pipes are counted from PFD or f=1.2 if pipes counted from PID)

n= no. of lines in densest area upto size of 450 NB
s= 300mm (estimated average spacing)
A= additional width for:(lines larger than 450NB + inst.cable tray + electric
cable tray)
B= 20%((f*n*s)+A)

I have made an excel program for above formula. But unable to assess whether this formula can be of practical application. Theoritical point of view.....it seems valid(???) There's difference of opinion if this can work or not. Can you please tell me whether this can be applied or should be trashed?

Awaiting your views/comments.
buena suerte. adíos.

warm regards,
mital(spaniard)

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding;In all your ways acknowledge HIM, and HE shall direct your paths. -Prov. 3:5,6

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed] Received on Wed Oct 13 02:16:00 2004