RE: [PipingDesign] Survey vs FFWs

From: <Steve>
Date: Sat Oct 30 2004 - 07:37:00 EDT

Hi Sajit

a GPS is a fairly broad description. For 2cm accuracy, the surveyor would be using local transmitters. I suspect he measured the wrong pipes or got his identification table messed up. I wouldn't waste your time suing him; it will cost too much. However his mistakes may produce a valuable lesson if you can sit down with him and figure out what went wrong. That way you may be able to use a very powerful tool (GPS) with confidence in the future. If you walk away, you have learned almost nothing and paid a high price for it. If you figure out the problems and how to overcome them then you are one step ahead of the rest.

I would be very interested to hear how you get on.

Cheers

Steve