Re: [PipingDesign] Pump selection

From: <Pankaj.Mandal@fluor.com>
Date: Thu Dec 02 2004 - 23:17:00 EST

Why don't you try a bungartz vertical pump. It has very low head requirement and may perfectly suit your purpose. Please refer to attached web-link.

http://www.bungartz.de/english/vertik/vertik.htm

Pankaj.

"Jacques Chaurette" <jchaurette@fluidedesign.com> 12/03/04 07:20 AM
Please respond to PipingDesign

         To:     <PipingDesign@yahoogroups.com>
         cc:
         Subject:        Re: [PipingDesign] Pump selection
.

No, I have never heard of them.

Jacques

   Yes, I am looking into Gould 3796. An Initial positive response on Gorman-Rupp U3B65-B from the vendor has tapered off due to limitations. Have you or anybody else have heard about self priming pumps from RS Corcoran ?

     Now that we have the vapor pressure sorted out this does not seem like too difficult an application. It seems to me that a self-priming centrifugal pump by Gorman-Rupp or Goulds will do the job, they don`t normally come with these types of seals but maybe they can be installed.

     Jacques

       Yes, you are right. It is 2 psia. Not 2 psig.