Re: [PipingDesign] Comparing buttweld and socketweld joints

From: <Dacharaju>
Date: Mon Jul 25 2005 - 03:37:00 EDT

Dear Paul,
I was referring in terms of effort not the quality... regards,
D.K.M.Rao.

Paul Bowers <pbowers@pipingdesign.com>
Sent by: PipingDesign@yahoogroups.com
07/25/2005 10:34 AM
Please respond to
PipingDesign@yahoogroups.com

PipingDesign@yahoogroups.com
cc

Subject

Dacharaju Krishnamohan Rao wrote:

> Socket welds are advantageous because they are easy to install at site

> as it doesn't need much time/ effort for assembly/alignment and also
easy
> to weld (just fillet).

"Easy to install" and "doesn't need much time" are not words I want to associate with process piping installations. Those terms bring to mind a plumber brought in at the last minute because the budget ran out.

I reiterate: we're building things that are "potentially dangerous" (ingesting too much DHMO is also "potentially dangerous", pick your poison).

Just some food for thought, as many of us think that making the proper software choice is actual engineering.

Paul

PipingOffice - Excel Spreadsheets for Piping Calculations http://www.pipingoffice.us/

Mechanical engineering
Mechanical engineering jobs
Cad drafter
Process piping
Mechanical

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS   Visit your group "PipingDesign" on the web.