Re: [PipingDesign] Comparing buttweld and socketweld joints

From: <Paul>
Date: Mon Jul 25 2005 - 04:54:00 EDT

Dacharaju Krishnamohan Rao wrote (in part):

> Whatever may be the level of computerization for designs, it is finally
> the physical work at site who implement the designs and not the
> computers.....Quality Check is the only way to define and
> follow....whether it is socket weld or butt weld or any acitvity for that
> matter...

That is why office-based design work has largely become less important - it's simpler and easier now to do design "on the fly" onsite after the big design chunks are established.

Many current office engineering jobs will become obsolete in the very near future.

As a genius software designer (hypothetical example only, I are not a genius) I can create stuff that will put 100 people out of work. Where are those displaced people going to go? Work for McDonalds?

Paul Received on Mon Jul 25 04:54:00 2005