RE: [PipingDesign] Mitre bends

From: <John>
Date: Wed Jul 27 2005 - 10:49:00 EDT

See ASME B31.3 for guidance.... its an internationally recognized code for Process Piping....

I will also say get a good fabricator this has all sorts of bad possibilties associated with it... and finally don't forget stress analysis and its impacts on these elbows....

CHAKRABORTYP2@iocl.co.in wrote:

Hi friends,

I would like to know your comments on using Miter / Mitre bends in piping in different conditions like

  1. Limitation, if any, pressure and temperature wise
  2. Limitation, if any, service wise,
  3. limitation, if any, size wise
  4. Any thumb rule.

At present, we need to fabricate two new pipelines on urgent basis. The first one will be within the plant, operating at 12 kg/cm2 pressure, at 200 C temp. The other one is in the offsite (connected to to storage tanks).

Due to non-availability of pipe fittings, we may need to use Miter bends. However, there is some opposition regarding the use of same. Both cases, service fluid is hydrocarbon (SR naphtha to be precise).

Your comments and any guidelines to relevant codes will be highly appreciated.

chakra

PipingOffice - Excel Spreadsheets for Piping Calculations http://www.pipingoffice.us/

Mechanical engineering Mechanical engineering jobs Cad drafter Process piping Mechanical

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS      Visit your group "PipingDesign" on the web.