Ash pipe routing.

From: <Nirdosh>
Date: Fri Jul 08 2005 - 03:01:00 EDT

Dear All,

May I call the attention of all the piping expertise for a appropriate solution for the below problem.

We deal with dense phase Pneumatic ash conveying (mainly fly ash). The ash is to be conveyed pneumatically to a silo ( 22 m height). However the Ash pipe has to cross a road on elevation 14 Mtrs (for free movement of cranes). But the client wants that the pipe, after crossing the road should again run at ground level (to escape the supporting expenses) upto silo and then should have a rise upto silo top( 22 mtrs). The total distance after the crossing of road is about 100mtrs horizontal + 22mtrs vertical. I checked out our previous ash pipe layouts and found that we had never done a routing like this.( First G Level, then 15.0 Mtrs EL, then GL, then 22Mtr EL.). we do not usually down route the pipe after having a rise.

Can anyone please let me know any repercussions (such as any major change in requirement of compressed air, choking of ash pipe, quick erosion of bend) if the pipe is routed according to client.

Pipe size-4", Bends-ACI, Press in pipe-3-4kg/cm2. B.D of Ash-1100Kg/m3.

Thanx & Regards.

Nirdosh Kumar

Macawber Beekay Disclaimer:
1. This email transmission contains confidential information, which is the property of the sender.
2. The information in this email or attachments thereto is intended for the attention and use only of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying or distribution of the contents of this email transmission or taking of any action in reliance thereon or pursuant thereto, is strictly prohibited. 3. Macawber Beekay Pvt. Ltd retains the copyright to all email messages sent from its communication systems.
4. The views and opinions expressed in this email do not necessarily express or reflect the views and/or opinions of Macawber Beekay Pvt. Ltd. 5. All emails are scanned for viruses before transmission but you are still advised to scan incoming email for viruses. Macawber Beekay does not take responsibility for damage caused by undetected viruses.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed] Received on Fri Jul 08 03:01:00 2005