RE: [PipingDesign] cross country pipe line routing

From: <Arief>
Date: Tue Jul 12 2005 - 01:28:00 EDT

Hi Amarendra,

I think, if the stress analysis already performed and the result is safe. Everything is OK, right?
Be careful when putting the anchor and expansion loop. Consider to minimize the force acting at anchor or expansion loop. Beside of that the objective why you put anchor and expansion loop can be achieved. I mean sometimes although we didn't put any anchor or expansion loop, the system is still safe so why we need to put them (Over design). For example, when expansion loop location near bends or slopes, the displacement is transferred to bends or slopes so the expansion loop doesn't have to work. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Regards
Arief