Re: [PipingDesign] Hydrostatic Test for PE100 pipeline

From: <elie>
Date: Mon Jul 18 2005 - 08:50:00 EDT

Pick a pig (with a P) that will not hang by the internal beeds. Use a pig with an internal cavity and an electronic tracer for a long pipeline.

    Take into account pressure due to static head of test medium even if you are using gas (air or nitrogen) for the hydrotest. Potential problems: If your test location is lower that the highest point in the pipeline, the highest point may not reach the minimum acceptable test pressure. Don't underestimate!

    Under what ASME/? code are you testing the pipeline? B31.1/ .3/.4/.8 or AWWA?

Cheers, ET, PE.

Ashraf Farouk <ashraffrk@yahoo.com> wrote:

Please,

I would like to have your advice. If I'll test pipeline hydrostaticaly and this line is plastic pipes P.E100. Is there any specification that say I have to remove the internal beed in the butt fusion joints before pushing bigs in the line.

Thanks& Best Regards

PipingOffice - Excel Spreadsheets for Piping Calculations http://www.pipingoffice.us/

Main site: http://www.pipingdesign.com

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS      Visit your group "PipingDesign" on the web.