Re: [PipingDesign] Selection of flange

From: <snehal>
Date: Wed Jul 20 2005 - 12:05:00 EDT

Hi,
First of all check the specification of the Nozzle flanges of vessel & as your flange will be connecting to that nozzle order the same type of flang as the nozzle flange is.
If this info is not available with you then contact to Vessel fabricator & take the necessary info.

Regards,
Snehal

JP <jijoy@mis.co.ae> wrote:
Dear all,

Could anyone of u answer the following query :

There is a nozzle in a Vessel (which is a closed drain sump). I have to select a flange for the nozzle and the piping to follow. How will I select the type of flange whether ring, RF etc..

The nozzles sizes are 2", 4", 6", 8". Based on the selection of flange I will also have to order the bolts.
The bolt sizes can be obtaibed fron B16.5. Can anyone tell me how to selectthe type of flange to be used.

Thanks in advance
Jijoy

PipingOffice - Excel Spreadsheets for Piping Calculations http://www.pipingoffice.us/

Mechanical engineering Mechanical engineering jobs Cad drafter Process piping Mechanical

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS      Visit your group "PipingDesign" on the web.