RE: [PipingDesign] Compressed Natural Gas Cooler

From: <Erik>
Date: Fri Jul 22 2005 - 12:43:00 EDT

A PHE is a plate heat exchanger. Closed loop cooling stystems are widely employed in the steel industry, for example for the cooling boxes,cooling staves,tuyeres and hot stove valves of the blast furnaces.

To achieve the optimum function of the plate heat exchanger the following objectives should be a part of the design procedure:

1/ Examination of fouling margins

2/ Prevention of coarse fouling

3/ The use of optimal flow rates

4/ Estimation of scaling thresholds

5/ Control an removal of biological flouling by chlorination

6/ The use af chemical cleaning

Alfa-Laval is the world’s leading supplier of plate heat exchangers.

Erik