Re: [PipingDesign] Difference in No-pocket & No trap terms

From: <Paul>
Date: Mon Jul 25 2005 - 01:15:00 EDT

abdul aziz vayani wrote:

> During the development of refrigeration piping layout, It is observed that
some lines have a caution of "No-pocket" & some have "No trap" on P&IDs. Have same meaning of these two terms or Is there any difference in both terms. clarification is required in case of any difference.

I think they both mean the same thing. For cryogenic plant design, the rules regarding piping configuration vary depending on process fluids, but they can be quite involved. An oxygen explosion can really ruin someone's day.

That's not to say that other processes are less (potentially) dangerous, we all work in a field where safety has to be paramount.

Paul Received on Mon Jul 25 01:15:00 2005