RE: [PipingDesign] SS thread strength

From: <Steve>
Date: Fri Feb 02 2007 - 22:07:00 EST

Hi Jeffrey
Some of the pipe hanger suppliers have info on the safe working loads for stainless threaded rod. Try unistrut for a start.

Cheers

Steve

>From: "jeffrey woolf" <jeffrey_woolf@hotmail.com>
>To: PipingDesign@yahoogroups.com
>Subject: [PipingDesign] SS thread strength
>Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2007 12:44:36 -0500
>
>Can anyone provide reference for the strength of stainless steel threads?
>We have a 2" line rising up 150' in a pipe chase. It is supported at the
>top and bottom. If the pipe lifted off the bottom support would the
>threads
>carry the full load dangling from the top. This is just drinking water.
>I've suggested offsetting midway and supporting again to splitt the load.
>Are there any pipe chase experts out there for tall buildings. Thanks for
>the help!

>Turn searches into helpful donations. Make your search count.
>http://click4thecause.live.com/search/charity/default.aspx?source=hmemtagline_d\
onation&FORM=WLMTAG

Get in the mood for Valentine's Day. View photos, recipes and more on your Live.com page.
http://www.live.com/?addTemplate=ValentinesDay&ocid=T001MSN30A0701 Received on Fri Feb 02 22:07:00 2007