Re: [PipingDesign] Piping Materials of Construction Question

From: <abdul>
Date: Wed Apr 04 2007 - 04:37:00 EDT

Hi Chemical Engg Student

To select the appropriate material of construction for two phase flow line, you need to have following information:

  1. Well stream Composition of both reservoirs specially consider CO2 & H2S that dictate about the Sour or Sweet service. In case of sour service,NACE compliance material to be considered. Refer to NACE standards for details.
  2. SIWHP i-e Shut In Well Head Pressure of both wells
  3. Well stream temperatures required for pipeline materail as well as pipeline coating material.

I hope these guidelines will be adressed your query.

  1. Aziz Vayani Sr. Facilities Design Engineer Clough ------- Pakistan operations
    • Original Message ---- From: Paul Bowers <pbowers@pipingdesign.com> To: PipingDesign@yahoogroups.com Sent: Wednesday, April 4, 2007 7:41:45 AM Subject: [PipingDesign] Piping Materials of Construction Question

From the PipingDesign inbox:

<<My name is [name withheld], a Chemical Engineering student at McGill University. Im presently working on a final year project which requires my designing of two phase flow pipes to transport oil and gas from two reservoirs in the Persian Gulf. Thus I am searching for documentations on selecting the correct materials of construction for my pipes.>>

Does anyone have any advice or suggestions for this student?