Re: [PipingDesign] Re: Request for Advice, Career Choices for an Old Guy

From: <Paul>
Date: Sat Apr 07 2007 - 14:16:00 EDT

Christopher Wright wrote:
> On Apr 7, 2007, at 1:31 AM, Paul Bowers wrote:
>
>> The only problem with the concept is that Chris will be the gatekeeper
>> (so to speak).

> He's trying to make me out as bad cop, just because I'm so good at
> being an old fårt. OTOH, I figure piping and pressure vessel
> engineering is such a broad topic, almost any reasonably thought-out
> post is fine. Just don't expect that everyone on the list shares an
> identical view of what constitutes a crisis or competence.

Chris and I go back a long way (I think I found him on usenet many years ago - sci.engr?) and he's a tough moderator because I am not.

As Jack hinted earlier, this is probably not a place for people with thin skins. Technical excellence requires "in-your-face", brutal honesty.

Please don't criticize my above comments as it might make me insecure about myself and I might cry.

Regards,

Paul, owner of this
PipingDesign List and
www.pipingdesign.com/org/net/ca Received on Sat Apr 07 14:16:00 2007