Re: [PipingDesign] Re: Webresource for Piping design assignments

From: <Steve>
Date: Sun Apr 22 2007 - 02:30:00 EDT

Lets face it

The internet has killed copyright as the law can no longer enforce it other than by random attacks.
The sooner we all get over it, the better it will be. I doubt if there is a person on the planet that isnt in possession of some pirated material. Apart from you and me of course. The recording industry is starting to realise it, at long last. David Bowie said something to the effect that musicians should be paid for actually performing, not for just being listened to. I heard about 90% of major producer software products in circulation are pirated.
Ever since Harley Davidson tried to copyright the "potato" sound of their bikes, I have had increasing conviction that the whole copyright/patent thing is being seriously abused and we would be better off without it. So put that in your pipe.

Cheers

Steve

>From: Paul Bowers <pbowers@pipingdesign.com>
>To: PipingDesign@yahoogroups.com
>Subject: Re: [PipingDesign] Re: Webresource for Piping design assignments
>Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2007 22:37:39 -0600
>
>jun_atibo wrote:
>
> > With Office 2007 and Acrobat a lot more work can be done. Download
> > several dozen books, tables, charts - easy. Scribble notes ... easy
> > too. Communicate ... a breeze. Do the math and see the layout then
> > edit it .. no sweat. Got a problem with piping vibration ... a walk
> > in the park.
>
>"Download several dozen books". I'm going to assume that these downloads
>also included a reasonable royalty payment back to the original authors.
>
>If not, you are taking advantage of someone else's intellectual property
>without acknowledging the author or giving him/her a couple of bucks as
>thanks.
>
>The internet is about sharing ideas but someone, somewhere down the line
>has to pay for the time and effort spent.
>
>Accolades and admiration do not pay the rent for those whose work is
>copied without authorization.
>
>This is why I routinely reject messages that ask for "free" copies of
>well-known books. I'm sure they are out there, but I refuse to be a
>conduit for getting them.
>
>Paul

Don’t quit your job – Take Classes Online and Earn your Degree in 1 year. Start Today!
http://www.classesusa.com/clickcount.cfm?id=866146&goto=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.classes\ usa.com%2Ffeaturedschools%2Fonlinedegreesmp%2Fform-dyn1.html%3Fsplovr%3D866144 Received on Sun Apr 22 02:30:00 2007