RE: [PipingDesign] how to support a large NB pipe

From: <bbullough@foth.com>
Date: Thu Aug 16 2007 - 09:38:00 EDT

Vinayak:

This question gets asked several times a year of this group. I suggest that you review the archives, and review the information on this and other piping-related web sites. Your question cannot be answered in a few lines or paragraphs. Michael's answer hinted at part of the answer: it depends.   It is almost impossible to answer the question: "what information do I need to know?", or "whaat books do I ned to have". The best only possible answers are "it depends" and "all of it".

... Bruce D. Bullough ...
Lead Process Engineer
Foth Production Systems, LLC
8550 Hudson Boulevard North, Suite 100
Lake Elmo, MN 55042
Direct: +651-288-8598 Fax: +651-288-8551 http://www.foth.com

IMPORTANT NOTICE
This communication including any attachments, (E-mail) is confidential and may be proprietary, privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender, permanently delete this E-mail from your system and destroy any copies. Any use of the E-mail, including disclosure, distribution or replication, by someone other than its intended recipient is prohibited.

This E-mail has the potential to have been altered or corrupted due to transmission or conversion. It may not be appropriate to rely upon this E-mail in the same manner as hard copy materials bearing the author's original signature or seal.

vinayak lanke <vsl_kop@yahoo.co.in>
Sent by: PipingDesign@yahoogroups.com
08/16/2007 12:12 AM
Please respond to
PipingDesign@yahoogroups.com

PipingDesign@yahoogroups.com
cc

Subject
RE: [PipingDesign] how to support a large NB pipe

dear michael
im new in this field
can u plz guide me how to do as a fresher or what infomation i want know as a proffessional can u suggest me the books , codes, standerd which knowldge must have with an engineer
regards
vinayak

Michael Roble <mroble@spcdmg.com> wrote: This is a pretty vague question.

Does this pipe run in, on, or around some kind of structure?

Does this run a long distance in the vertical?

There's several ways to support any pipe in any given situation.

Michael Roble

Piping Department

Continental Design & Management Group

Pittsburgh, PA