Re: [PipingDesign] material selection for sea water piping

From: <shahid>
Date: Wed Jan 02 2008 - 12:39:00 EST

On one of our off-shore projects, we used Cupro-Nickel.

   Shahid

"M. Engineer" <kahabib@yahoo.com> wrote:

           Hello

I suggest the below two selections, however, this shall further be evaluated from your side based on line size and economy:

1- Carbon steel internally cemented lined. 2- Carbon steel internally fusion bonded epoxy coated.

Note; RTR & Fiberglass materials are possible choices if your company standards allow them for above ground installation

Khaled Mahmoud
Jeddah Refinery

> which material should be selected for sea water
> piping, as it is open
> sytem for cooling condensate power plant, as
> corrosion is the main
> cause, kindly suggest the solution.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed] Received on Wed Jan 02 12:39:00 2008