Re: [PipingDesign] 80 Flange Dimensions

From: <Hitesh>
Date: Wed Jan 02 2008 - 23:11:00 EST

Dear Hafiz,
There is no standard design for the flanges designed using ASME SECVIII. The flange design varies with design temp., pressure, corrosion allowance and bolting material.
You can design using the software "PV-LITE"

ÇáÓáÇã æÚáíßã æÑÍãå Çááå æÈÑßÇÊå

Dear Khalid Mahmoud

How are you? i have studied Section VIII D1 app.2 as u mention for the calculation of 80" flange. but it is a bit difficult to understand. don't you have some claculation or dimension's for 80" flange. or any vendor standard sketch. it will be realy very helpful

Hafiz Ali Alvi
PHONE # 042-5812263 (Ext 247)
18 Km. Ferozepur Road, Lahore-54600, Pakistan.

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please delete the email and any attachment(s) and notify the sender. This footnote also confirms that this email message has been scanned for the presence of computer viruses.

"M. Engineer" <>
Sent by:
01/02/2008 10:38 PM
Please respond to PipingDesign

         Subject:        Re: [PipingDesign] 80" Flange Dimensions

Dear H.A.Alvi

80" CS WN Flange is out of ASME B16.47 or MSS SP-44 scope. Your 80" flange should be designed in accordance with ASME SEC VIII D1, Appendix 2.

Khalid Mahmoud
Jeddah Refinery

> Hello.

> Can anybody tell me the dimesions of 80" Carbon
> Steel welding neck
> flange. Actually we need it on our project and i am
> unable to find its
> dimension. Even in AWWA STandards 80" size diemsion
> are not available.
> also if any one can provide General Arrangement
> drawing of 80" Flange.

> Regards

> H.A.Alvi

PipingOffice - Excel Spreadsheets for Piping Calculations

Main site:

Yahoo! Groups Links

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your home page. Received on Wed Jan 02 23:11:00 2008