Re: [PipingDesign] Dear Sir...

From: <elie>
Date: Mon Jan 07 2008 - 19:44:00 EST

The right answer to your question is to get a copy of "Pipeline Rules of Thumb" or Gas Processors Suppliers Association Handbook "GPSA" gpsa.gasprocessors.com and the type of pipeline sizing you wish to learn; wall thickness, optimal diameter, fluid velocity, pressure drop, etc.

   Good Luck.

   Elie AlTawil, Sr. Piping Engineer, PE    Consulting Engineer
   Denver, Colorado

anbu arasan <anbu_mass@yahoo.co.in> wrote:

           Dear sir...
Im S.Anbarasan From Chennai(India)...
Working as a piping Engineer...Sir can you send the std procedure of pipe sizing Calculation...

Regards ...
S.Anbarasan

elie altawil <eliealtawil@yahoo.com> wrote: I came up with 0.048", however, you must obtain a copy of SS A-358 TP 321, if mill toterance applies to this materials, it should be added to "t". t=tm+c+mill tolerance.

sabirap <sabirap@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi Gents…is this calculation correct.

PIPE WALL THICKNESS CACULATION Code - ASME B 31.3

Pipe Material - SS A-358 TP 321 CPI Welded

Internal Design Pressure P 5.5 barg – 80 psig

Temperature - 150 0 C – 302 F

Allowable Stress S - 20000 psig

Coefficient (Factor) Y - 0.4

Quality Factor (Joint Efficiency) E - 1

OD of Pipe D - 24''

Corrosion Allowance c - 0

t = PD / 2 (SE + PY)

80 * 24 / 2[(20000 * 1) + (80 * 0.4)]

1920 / 40064 = 0.0479 inch

tm = t + c = 0.0479 + 0 = 0.0479 inch …is this calculation correct.

I tried to search the Allowable Stress – S, for CS A-672 GR 60 Class 22 or 32, Longitudinally Welded, SAW. I couldn't find it in ASME B31.3. Anybody can advice me on this…..?

Thank you,

Regards,

Sabir

Chat on a cool, new interface. No download required. Click here.