RE: [PipingDesign] Dear Sir...

From: <Ben>
Date: Tue Jan 08 2008 - 14:25:00 EST

Dear Sabir,
It is best to use pipe schedule 10S as the least thickness for stainless steels up thru NPS 24. This is due to welding fit-up, pipe wall stability (branching, attachments), and product availability. 24" sch 10S is 0.250" nominal thk.

The A672 Gr 60 materials (CC60, CB60, B60, and C60) are listed in ASME B31.3-2006, p. 140. But, B31.3 does not indicate the different classes. Classes 22 and 32 are shown in ASME B31.1 with a joint efficiency of 1.0. It is good to also have access to ASTM Specifications to see detail descriptions of the classes.

Ben