Re: [PipingDesign] Newbie dope

From: <rajkumar.manickam@fluor.com>
Date: Mon Jan 14 2008 - 01:39:00 EST

Thanks a lot Chris
This will help all newbies in this forum....

> Most of this stuff is common
> knowledge to anyone with a few years experience in the biz, although
> useful to anyone. If anyone has a favorite link with *elementary*
> materials, I'd be grateful to hear from you. I'd especially like
> links from experienced designers and engineers for educational or
> training classes. I'd also be grateful if everyone would try the
> links to make sure they work for everyone.
>
> General info
> A Piping Tutorial <http://www.engineer.ca/engineer/pipingtutorial.htm>
> Valve Selection Guide <http://www.coleparmer.ca/techinfo/techinfo.asp?
> htmlfile=SelectingValves.htm&ID=703#anchor1>
> Applets for pumps <http://www.lightmypump.com/applets.htm#applets6>
> ASME B31.3 summary <http://engstandards.lanl.gov/engrman/6mech/pdfs/
> D20-AppA-ASME_B31.3-r1a.pdf>
>
> Geometry
> Pipe Dimensions Chart <http://www.principalmetals.com/utilities/
> pipechart.htm>
> Pipe Sizes and Dimensions <http://www.maselmon.com/Content.aspx?
> ContentID=24>
> Metric Flange and fitting dimensions <http://www.tfes.com/pdf/
> flangeSheetMetric.pdf>
>
> Materials Data
> Pipe Specifications <http://www.usstubular.com/products/seamslp.htm>
> MatWeb <http://www.matls.com/>
>
> Books
> Books and Publications <http://www.pipingdesign.com/books1.html>
> Glossaries <http://www.pipingdesign.com/glossary.html>
> Piping Databook <http://books.google.com/books?id=0q9EZGfvv0MC>
>
> Education and Training
> SAIT Process Piping Drafting <http://www.sait.ab.ca/pages/cometosait/
> academic/certificates/appd.shtml>
>
> Fluid flow
> Fluid Properties <http://webbook.nist.gov/chemistry/fluid/>
> Pressure Drop Theory <http://www.pipeflow.co.uk/public/control.php?
> _path=/497/503/510>
> Equivalent Lengths <http://www.cheresources.com/eqlength.shtml>
>
> Internet forums
> Piping Design Central <http://www.pipingdesign.com/>
> Engineering Communities of Practice - ASME <https://cop.asme.org/COP/
> Public/Home>
> Steam-List Information <http://www.swopnet.com/engr/mail_lists/
> steam_list_info.html>
>
> Professional Associations
> National Board <http://www.nationalboard.org>
> ASME <http://www.asme.org>
> ASTM <http://www.ansi.org/>
> ANSI <http://www.ansi.org/>

> chrisw@skypoint.com | this distance" (last words of Gen.
> 1864)
> http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw/

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain proprietary, business-confidential and/or privileged material. If you are not the intended recipient of this message you are hereby notified that any use, review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution, reproduction or any action taken in reliance upon this message is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.

Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and may not necessarily reflect the views of the company.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed] Received on Mon Jan 14 01:39:00 2008