How is Tensile Strength Established by Tube Spec?

From: <Ken>
Date: Mon Jan 14 2008 - 13:38:00 EST

I'm working with an unlisted B31.3 material for a tubing spec. I want to determine the allowable stress for the flexibility analysis.

I've obtained the ASTM standards that are applicable. The base ASTM spec (A 270) does not specify a tensile strength. The General Requirements (A 1016) does not specify a tensile strength. The spec calls for UNS S31603. I understand UNS to be a numbering practice, and that it would not spec the tensile requirements.

How is the tensile strength established by these specifications?

Ken A. Nisly-Nagele, P.E.
Mechanical Engineer
Applied Engineering Services, Inc.
9100 Keystone Crossing
Indianapolis, Indiana

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed] Received on Mon Jan 14 13:38:00 2008