Re: [PipingDesign] How is Tensile Strength Established by Tube Spec?

From: <M.>
Date: Mon Jan 14 2008 - 15:52:00 EST

Per Para. 323.1.2 of ASME B31.3, unlisted materials may be used if "they confirm to a published specification covering chemistry, physical and mechanical properties, method and process of manufacture, heat treatment, and quality control". This requirement shall be satisfied if the selected material is in accordance with some published standard such as an ASTM or non US standards such as Deutsches Institute fur Normung e.V (DIN)standards. Please refer to ASME B31.3 Para. 302.3 & Para. 323.2.4 B too this regard

Khaled Mahmoud
Aramco
Jeddah Refinery