RE: [PipingDesign] How is Tensile Strength Established by Tube Spec?

From: <Ken>
Date: Thu Jan 17 2008 - 13:04:00 EST

Chris -

Thanks for the guidance on using Sect. VIII for a one-time substitution. I have not needed to pursue this before and getting pointed to what part of the code could address this helps.

One tubing manufacturer agreed that this material has been in use for years, that it is the same tube as one that is Listed, except for tube finish, and that they have been unable to convince the B31.3 committee to List it. I want to check into how a material gets Listed, and Sect. VIII may shed some light on that too.