Example Piperack Loads

From: <Paul>
Date: Fri Jan 18 2008 - 20:20:00 EST

From the inbox:

Hello, I am currently working on a design project in my masters of structural engineering. As my final project I chose to design a pipe rack for an oil pipe that holds 2-4 36" pipes. My professor wants me to analyze how to mitigate dynamic effects on the pipe rack from the pipe itself.

As my professor is not too worried about obtaining the exact dyamic loads, I was wondering if you knew where I could find some example loads that I could apply to my pipe rack? These load would be thermal expansion load, pump startup, water hammer and so on.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Sincerely,

Vince Granson Received on Fri Jan 18 20:20:00 2008