Re: [PipingDesign] Line Checking

From: <Ravindra>
Date: Sun Jan 20 2008 - 23:06:00 EST

Dear Mr. Paul,

Thank you for defining the Line Checker's roll in the precise words. It will help me to understand the roll clearly.

Thanks again.

Ravindra Sakhare

Ravindra wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> Can any body explain me what is the roll of Line Checker. Is piping
> draftsman suitable for line checking. Engineering department or
> Quality Control is responsible for Line checking in Projects like
> refineries.
>
> What knowledge, qualification & experience do you require to become
> line checker.

A line checker is simply someone who makes sure that the physically installed piping matches the P&ID. He doesn't critique installation or design details.

Paul

       Why delete messages? Unlimited storage is just a click away. Go to http://help.yahoo.com/l/in/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/tools/tools-08.html

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed] Received on Sun Jan 20 23:06:00 2008