Re: [PipingDesign] Fitting Class Rating to be installed on a Pressure Vessel

From: <Mawan>
Date: Tue Jan 22 2008 - 02:16:00 EST

Sajit,

Basically why they insisted suggesting us to use 6000# full coupling rather than 3000# full coupling was based on the original design of this vessel and other fittings previously there were rated at 6000#. Therefore, using 3000# will alter the design and require more effort to get recertification from third party (I bet you know what I meant)

With regard to attachment enclosed in my previous mail, I'm sorry for that. Next time I'll ask moderator to provide a link supposed I mail a subject to this address with file attachment.

Thanks,
Mawan Darmawan

Mawan,

What is the reasoning why your QA guy wants to have the 6000# coupling. Has it to do with the area replacement by reinforcement of an opening on the vessel. Have you considered a 3000# O-let fitting. This should provide more reinforcement area than a half coupling.

It may be a code para or a technicality that he must be basing it on. Why don't you ask him?

You should know that attachments mailed to this email address will be trimmed off. You should request the moderator for placing a link for your attachment.

Sajit

Save a tree...please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed] Received on Tue Jan 22 02:16:00 2008