Pressure Drop for Compressible Flow

From: <indra>
Date: Mon Jan 28 2008 - 00:56:00 EST

Hi all,

   First of all, my background is Mechanical Engineering, so most of the time I'm only working with incompressible fluid. However, this time I've given a task to calculate pressure drop of compressible fluid along pipeline connected to safety valve (flow is from steam drum to safety valve to pipeline to atmosphere).

   I'm assuming isothermal compressible flow. Using pressure and temperature at the safety valve's discharge point I obtain the fluid properties (density, viscosity, Cp, Cv, etc). Afterwards, my step-by-step calculation is as follows:

   Please let me know if my method is correct and complete enough to solve the problem. Thanks.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed] Received on Mon Jan 28 00:56:00 2008