Re: [PipingDesign] Pressure Drop for Compressible Flow

From: <Syed>
Date: Mon Jan 28 2008 - 01:28:00 EST

Dear Indra
The calculation procedure you have described is for incompressible flow. This is totally different from compressible flows. May I know the basis for assuming Isothermal flow...
First, you need to classify the flow to either Fanno, Rayleigh or Isothermal.Then you need to calculate the parameters accordingly. Details on these flows should be available in any fluid mechanics textbook.

Regards
Amjad