Re: [PipingDesign] Pressure Drop for Compressible Flow

From: <Syed>
Date: Mon Jan 28 2008 - 06:54:00 EST

Dear Mr. Sajit
Yes,incompressible flow is generally for liquids and compressible flow is generally for gases, unless assumed/simplified otherwise for ease of calculations.

I do not know what Indra means by "DARCY EQUATION FOR COMPRESSIBLE FLOW". And Darcy equation is generally meant for incompressible flow.

Amjad

> Syed,
>
> incompressible flow is generally for liquids, is it
> not more relevant, to
> associate mach flows to gas and therefore
> compressible flows?
>
> Sajit
>
> The calculation procedure you have described is for
> incompressible flow.
>
> Save a tree...please don't print this e-mail unless
> you really need to.

Looking for last minute shopping deals?
Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.
http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?category=shopping Received on Mon Jan 28 06:54:00 2008