ASTM/ASME Material Equivelent

From: <M.>
Date: Tue Jan 29 2008 - 16:13:00 EST

Dear colleagues

We are utilizing ASTM/ASME materials in our Aramco refineries. All our specifications and purchase orders mandate ASME/ASTM materials in compliance with ASME B31.3. Nowadays, frequently we are receiving quotations from European vendors, for example butterfly valve, specifying dutch standard materials for its components such as 1.4541, 1.4980, 1.4571, and so on. My question, do you know any link in the Internet or away in order to see the equivalent ASME/ASTM material for those dutch materials. As matter of fact, other than ASME materials represent a headache for me although it might be as good or maybe better specs than the ASME

Appreciate your help

Khaled Mahmoud
Jeddah Refinery Received on Tue Jan 29 16:13:00 2008