Re: [PipingDesign] Threaded Connections for Instruments

From: <>
Date: Wed Jan 30 2008 - 05:19:00 EST

Amjad - Normally a reference to threaded connections for instrumentation in a piping spec is in reference to pressure sensing instruments ( including flow instruments) - which ape provided with male npt connections. The piping system will include a "root valve" which will have a connection per piping spec ( socket welded for example) on one side & a female threaded connection on the other side where direct mounting of a threaded instrument or the installation of a threaded tubing adaptor which will connect to a remote mounted instrument is possible. Take a look at your instrumentation department's standard installation details - normally a reference is made to differentiate between the piping & instrumentation disciplines -
Is this your case?
Bruce R. Raymond
Senior Design Supervisor

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain proprietary, business-confidential and/or privileged material. If you are not the intended recipient of this message you are hereby notified that any use, review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution, reproduction or any action taken in reliance upon this message is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.

Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and may not necessarily reflect the views of the company.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed] Received on Wed Jan 30 05:19:00 2008

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.8 : Tue Mar 09 2010 - 00:21:23 EST