Re: [PipingDesign] Re: Hydrotest (High point) Vents

From: <Christopher>
Date: Thu Jan 31 2008 - 15:17:00 EST

On Jan 31, 2008, at 1:37 AM, sviswan@technip.com wrote:

> The text below my name is what I am responding to. Why do I have to
> put
> that in quotes?

Because it's good form and a common courtesy in e-mails and helps greatly to connect your post with the post to which it refers. Quoting also distinguishes one person's contribution from another's and makes for a professional appearance to the email.

It's also good form to clean up the quoted text and strip the footers to include _only_ the text you're referring to.

Conversely, not-quoting or improperly quoting tends to make an e-mail indecipherable and more likely to attract unfavorable attention during moderation.

Christopher Wright P.E. |"They couldn't hit an elephant at chrisw@skypoint.com | this distance" (last words of Gen.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw/ Received on Thu Jan 31 15:17:00 2008