Re: [PipingDesign] Ratting and Facing

From: <umesh>
Date: Thu Jan 31 2008 - 15:37:00 EST

At first you said..
>Flange facing and rating : 106K LJ

Later you said...
>now i want to ask about the flange rating of 160K. i have't seen this type of
rating mention in ASME B16.5 or in API

Is it 106K or 160K or 16K? It it a Typo? I guess so.

JIS (Japanese) flange standards go with "K" letter at the end See the following link.
http://sdbnf.en.ec21.com/product_detail.jsp?group_id=GC00905574&product_id=CA009\ 05599&product_nm=KS%252FJIS_Standard_Forged_Flanges JIS B2220 5K, 10K, 16K, 20K are common.
However 160K is strange.

Rgs,
Umesh Ken.,Senior Piping Project Engineer, BECHTEL AUSTRALIA, Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Favorite quotes:

1. "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter"
........... Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr
2. "Ones dignity may be assaulted, vandalized and cruelly mocked, but cannot be
taken away unless it is surrendered".....Michael J. Fox 3. "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it" - Unknown
4. "You can't escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today." - Abraham Lincoln
5. "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts" - Bertrand Russell. 6. "Technical Skill is the mastery of complexity, while Creativity is the mastery of simplicity" - Unknown
7. "Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose." – Bill Gates
8. "Moral courage is a more rare commodity than bravery in battle or great intelligence". - Kennedy, Robert F

Hello Everyone.

I have a piping material specification for carbamate solution

with the following info

Flange facing and rating : 106K LJ
Pressure 164 kg/cm2
Temp : 110 deg C
C.A = 0
Material: SS316L

now i want to ask about the flange rating of 160K. i have't seen this type of rating mention in ASME B16.5 or in API

can anybody tell me what is this 160K rating or what is its equivalent.. any source or any info about it...

also our client has advise us to use 25,22,2 urea grade material for carbamate solution service. can we use 25,22,2 instead of SS316L with same operating consitions.

Thanx

Hafiz Ali Alvi