Re: [PipingDesign] VENT LINE BEVELLING OF SAFETY VALVE DISCHARGE

From: <sviswan@technip.com>
Date: Thu Mar 13 2008 - 01:25:00 EDT

Shanavas,

Bevelling would mean what that is done to the circumferential edge of the pipe. What you must be asking must be, why the exit of the vent line is cut at an angle. I vaguely remember this being answered on the forum some time back. However I cannot search the archives since yahoo group is taboo for the company network.

The possible reasons can be,

To serve as a hood to the exit.

and / or

The cross section of the exit being at an angle has more area than if it were cut perpendicular to the pipe. Will it have anything to do with reducing the pressure drop at the exit thereby improving the vent flow?

Sajit

              "shanavas.cholli"
              <shanavas.cholli@
              gmail.com>                                                 To
              Sent by:                  PipingDesign@yahoogroups.com
              PipingDesign@yaho                                          cc
              ogroups.com
                                                                    Subject
                                        [PipingDesign] VENT LINE BEVELLING
              03/13/2008 08:48          OF SAFETY VALVE DISCHARGE
              AM

              Please respond to
              PipingDesign@yaho
                 ogroups.com

Dear Sir,

Why the vent line of safety valve is bevelled? For horizontal exit,it may be to avoid foriegn particles..but i have seen for vertical exit also..could u clear me whether it is to reduce the discharge thrust?

Best regards
Shanavas
ALSTOM   Save a tree...please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to.

Save a tree...please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to. Received on Thu Mar 13 01:25:00 2008